UBS Financial Services Senior Audit Manager – Wealth Management Issue Assurance in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? We’re looking for someone who can:
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within Global Wealth Management functions as well as with regulators and internal audit colleagues,
– Assess assurance work performed by issue assurance team members and SMEs to challenge conclusions and agree final issue disposition. Primary area of responsibility is related to Wealth Management issues, with opportunity to review other risk related issues across the Firm.
– Monitor the status, follow up on and provide independent assurance on the effectiveness and sustainability of remediation of issues related to wealth management,
– Review remediation issues submitted by management for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risk(s),
– Identify and assess operational and emerging risks relevant to the Wealth Management assumed by the business, identify mitigating controls and control gaps, assess the controls' design and operating effectiveness as well as the impact of control deficiencies,
– Document and communicate issues, root causes and risks, and provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified,
– Proactively contribute towards developing detailed procedures, guidance and FAQs for the Issue Assurance process and identify, assess and prioritize process improvements / system enhancements.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Issue Assurance Team. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
The Issue Assurance team monitors the status, follows up on and provides independent assurance on effective and sustainable remediation of significant issues from all sources (GIA, external auditors, control functions and regulators as well as issues self-identified by business management). As part of this process, GIA assesses whether the remediation steps taken address the issue, root cause of the issue and the potential exposure for the firm.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. You will gain insight into a wide variety of credit risk, marker risk and financial crime related topics and processes, and into a wide variety of businesses and functions, and leverage your knowledge and understanding to perform reviews of remediation issues submitted by management.
– A university degree, preferably in financial, economics, banking or a quantitative field,
– Strong experience (at least 7-10 years) in wealth management audit, internal risk management or control areas or professional services firms,
– Some knowledge of and experience in the Wealth Management area,
– Strong analytical skills and quantitative approach to problem solving – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions,
– An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
– A detailed understanding of banking business / operations and associated regulations.
– Flexible and willing to handle various topics, keep up with financial industry developments and learn new concepts and methods,
– Committed team player and reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues,
– Able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision and to supervise colleagues (when needed),
– Risk focused, and capable of using data analytics,
– Excellent communicator, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization verbally and in writing,
– Curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174561BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Audit Manager – Wealth Management Issue Assurance
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Audit