UBS Financial Services Senior Java Developer / Lead in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you motivated to deliver comprehensive technology solutions to complex business challenges? Are you a multitasker and experienced in developing web based IT application using Java/J2ee?
Then we are looking for someone like you to develop and maintain IT applications in the Compliance and Operational Risk (C&ORC) IT organization. You will be contributing by:
– Develop and maintain Java based web applications
– Drive continuous integration and improvements
– Oversee infrastructure provisioning and the hardware inventory
– Work Closely with Senior Tech lead & Solution Architect to drive solutions
– Drive & implement good practice in the team to ensure highest quality of deliveries
– Work with an outsourced technical dev team in ensuring clean design and sustainable changes
– Work closely with and advise Business Analysts, Testers and Management on technical matters
– Support product management driving the product roadmap
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk GRC IT team based in Zurich, Switzerland. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the US, UK, Switzerland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
– Able to develop Java/J2EE based applications using well known Java frameworks (i.e. Hibernate, Spring) and software integration techniques like REST API services
– Know your way around Application and Web servers. Websphere/Tomcat technology preferred.
– Know how to use build/Integration tools like Maven, Gradle, and Ant.
– Able to write data access queries on SQL & PL/SQL with Oracle11g/12g
– Design, plan and deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
- Have a financials services IT background, preferably in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) space
– Knowledge in the configuration and customization of MetricStream or other GRC applications
– Able to use and improve Shell & Perl Scripting
– Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
– computer science academic background (bachelor or master degree)
– Have excellent communication skills, written and oral in English
– a flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel, accurate and focused on deliverables
– keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core vendor production and solutions overall
– an excellent communicator who can partner with business experts and end-users who might not be well versed in IT
– have strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 183091BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Java Developer / Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)