UBS Financial Services Senior Quantitative Credit Risk Modeler Team Leader in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an expert in credit risk modelling, credit stress testing or time series analysis for financial institutions? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo and apply new analytical techniques to solve quantitative problems? Do you enjoy working in dynamic and innovative teams to deliver high quality modeling solutions to new evolving requirements? Then we are looking for someone like you to develop statistical and stress loss based credit models:
• Assume responsibilities for the development of stress testing / macro-economic forecasting models in line with the international regulatory and accounting requirements
• Engage with client advisors and risk officers across the globe to deliver risk measures and management solutions for their specific portfolios
• Assume responsibilities for the development and maintenance of credit models for the corporates and retail portfolios (incl. PD/LGD/EAD), especially the development of a mortgage stress model in the context of CCAR
• Support key regulatory projects of the bank as required e.g. US CECL, CCAR/DFAST, IFRS9, Basel IV and other support regulatory exercises
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in Credit Methodology Retail in Zurich which is part of the group-wide UBS Risk Methodology department. Our role is to develop and maintain all firm-wide credit risk models covering UBS's Retail and Wholesale portfolios for regulatory and business steering purposes. This specifically includes PD/LGD/EAD modeling, macroeconomic scenario loss models, credit allowance models, real estate valuation tools, portfolio and single client monitoring tools, etc. We interact with a number departments across the bank (incl. Front Office, Finance, IT, Credit Risk Management, Business pricing / steering) on a regular basis. For the development of our methodologies, we use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics. Models are implemented mainly in R or SAS, before being embedded into the productive risk infrastructure.
• Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computer Science)
• Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application in financial institutions
• A sound practical understanding of macro- and microeconomic relationships as well as financial markets and banking products
• 3 – 7 years of experience in a credit risk environment together with knowledge of regulatory practice
• Experience with big data is a plus
• Experience with high-level programming language, and knowledge of statistical modeling software (preferably in R)
• Outstanding conceptual and analytical capabilities combined with very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with leading junior colleagues or small teams preferable
Experienced in credit risk methodology with at least 3 to 7 years' experience in a credit risk environment together with knowledge of regulatory practice
• Fluent in English, German is a plus
• Able to deliver high quality results in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176908BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Quantitative Credit Risk Modeler Team Leader
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk